We’ve all seen them, those junk vehicles parked on someone’s property. They block up a driveway and go nowhere. Not only do they take away from the beauty of the block, but, as they deteriorate, they can be dangerous. The only good thing about a junk vehicle is how easy we make it to get rid of it. We have a couple of ways to get rid of an unwanted vehicle, safely and without hassle. Receive cash for your junk car today!
Did you know that the car, truck, or SUV you are driving today will make for some great recycled material when it’s time to retire that vehicle? Almost 80% of any vehicle can be recycled. The car recycling industry is one of the most vibrant in the country today, and for good reason. Check out these facts and figures you may not have known about junking your car.
What Exactly is a Junk Vehicle?
If you or someone you know has a junk vehicle clogging up their property, it’s time to contact All Car Buys. We know that junk vehicles don’t all look alike. Some may look perfectly fine, but because of an issue like spent transmissions, they’re no longer going anywhere without repair. Other junk vehicles might have:
- Flat tires
- Have been wrecked or rusted
- Without license plates
- Without a title or registration
- Look like a giant planter because they’ve been in one position so long
More About the US Auto Recycling Industry
Recycling in general is a massive business. Your neighborhood has a general recycling program in place. Fortunately, the same can be said for your junk vehicles.
When parts or equipment are changed out during the life of a vehicle, that is not recycling. Automotive aftermarket recycling has become a major industry. Here are some facts and figures that may surprise you when it comes to the auto recycling industry.
- Twenty-five million tons of material is recycled from old vehicles, every year.
- The car recycling industry is the 16th largest in the United States.
- It contributes $25 billion a year to the national GDP.
- The US automotive recycling business employs approximately 100,000 people.
- All across the US, automotive recycling provides about 40% of ferrous metal for the scrap processing industry.
- Automobiles are the most recycled consumer product in the world today.
- Approximately 80% of any vehicle can be recycled.
- The remaining 20% is termed “auto shredder residue (ASR).” This includes ferrous and non-ferrous metals, paper, wood, glass, fabric, dirt, rubber and plastic.
- Approximately 98% – 99% of car batteries can be recycled.
- Most auto recyclers are small businesses. About 75% of automotive recycling companies employ about ten people.
- About 90% of a vehicle’s aluminum is recovered and recycled. This adds up to nearly 50% by scrap value.
- Every year, over 14 million tons of recycled steel comes from junked vehicles. Around 25% of a car’s body is made from recycled steel.
- Each year, around 27 million vehicles are ready for the junkyard and are recovered for recycling.
This is a pretty impressive list, and there is so much more that can be added. The automotive recycling industry has many benefits that make for not just a better-looking neighborhood, but a safer planet.
Environmental Benefits for the Automotive Recycling Industry
- Auto Recycling Saves Around 85 Million Barrels of Oil Each Year: Oil is used to manufacture new auto parts as well as replacement parts. With increase vehicle recycling, the demand for oil has eased. By saving 85 million barrels of oil, there is much more to go around when it comes to the manufacture of new vehicles. Auto recycling helps to keep the prices down.
- Recycled Metals Reduce CO2 Emissions in the Manufacturing Process: CO2 contributes to global warming because it is a GHG, which helps intensify the amount of heat retained by the atmosphere. Over 12 million vehicles are recycled each year. The automotive recycling industry reduces GHG emissions by over 30 million metric tons.
- Recycling Tires is a Great Benefit: Just recycling four tires reduces CO2 emissions by about 323 pounds. That is equivalent to 18 gallons of gasoline.
- Automotive Recyclers Get You Quality Auto Parts: Both retail and wholesale customers benefit from automotive recycling businesses when supplied with quality auto parts 20% to 80% cheaper than new auto parts.
- The Recycling Industry is Vital to Recycled Steel: Recycling one ton of steel conserves 2500 pounds of iron ore, 1400 pounds of coal, and 120 pounds of limestone.
We Buy Junk Vehicles
Don’t let those junk vehicles take up any more space on your property. In time, you will attract your local officials who will have it towed away and hand you the bill. There is another solution. Our solution is just right for you and your junked cars, trucks, and SUVs.
You may not be familiar with what to do when a car is wrecked or just stops working. It’s easy enough to leave it parked in the driveway, but over time it will fall apart and become increasingly unpleasant, unsafe, and difficult to move. Let a junk car buyer like All Car Buys pay you in cash for your junked vehicle.
We are in the automotive recycling business and are used to dealing with the scrap metal industries. We’ll take that old or junk vehicle off your hands and give you cash for it. Even if you don’t have the title for the car any longer, we will handle all that paperwork at the time of the transaction. If you are looking for someone to take your junk or wrecked vehicle off your hands, let All Car Buys do that for you.
We service Orange County, Osceola County, Lake County, Polk County, and Seminole County. Our process is always easy and convenient, and we’ll tow your vehicle watno charge to you. Don’t hesitate another minute. Give us a call today.